Save Lake Sammamish (SLS) is a non-profit Washington corporation established to promote the water quality of Lake Sammamish and its watershed by fostering greater public awareness of the environmental and wildlife concerns relating to Lake Sammamish and its watershed and any potential development thereon.
- Community awareness is promoted through publication of a newsletter to over 3000 homes in the Puget Sound area.
- Flyers are hand-distributed to homes and telephone campaigns conducted on special topics.
- SLS representatives speak at local government meetings and hearings concerning changes in laws and regulations affecting the environment.
- Positions are taken on proposed developments when it is felt adequate attention has not been given to environmental concerns.
- Legal action is taken to prevent actions detrimental to Lake Sammamish.
- Press releases are made to inform the public on issues of broad interest.
- SLS members participate in activities such as Stewardship Saturday organized by King County Water and Land Resources to improve water quality